what i never
from my mother
just because someone desires you
not mean they value you.
desire is the kind of thing that
leaves you starving.
- Book: I will be one of the best things you read this year.
- Book: You will fall in love with my characters.
- Book: I'm so good, you'll lose sleep over me.
- Book: I'm part of a series.
- Book: So you can feel the pain of a character dying in each book.
- Book: I will break you emotionally.
- Book: I will make you forget the real world.
- Book: I will ruin all potential future love interests for you.
- Book: You will be emotionally attached to me.
- Book: You are mine.
I see this little girl eating those chips away without any adult supervision. I think, where are her parents? Do they care what nutritional needs she has or hasn’t met? Are they concerned about what character she will develop within time? She spends so much time by herself, alone.
Not too far in the distance, her mom is living life on the phone. Texting and texting and texting. Waiting for a reply by placing the phone by her side. Waiting waiting waiting. Becoming frustrated with her anticipation of text messages. Her heavy reliance on some individual that limits himself to text messaging. Where is the intimacy ?
What is happening here?